събота, 15 март 2014 г.

Bearded Tit photography

The birdwatching trip is over and here i am awake at 5,30 a. m. on Saturday morning. Hm. This early start has to be utilized. I quickly grabbed my camera and off I went to the marshes near Sofia. My main target was the Bearded Tit. There are plenty of birds there so why not try a few shots.

The Sun was up at 6,30 and gently lit up the frosted grass. It was -6 C. Along the way I recorded quite a few Stonechats which were nicely singing. Corn Buntings, Sombre Tits and Skylarks were also announcing their territories. However, they were still not quite in their breeding behaviour and rarely sit still for long.

I arrived at the marsh at about 9 after a few attempts to get some shots of Black Redstart and Corn Buntings. The marsh was very lively. This was a good sign. Parked the car and off I went into a small hide in the middle of the marsh. Wrens were singing here and there. The call of Water rails echoes from different directions. There are at least 3 in this little area.

I arrived in the hide and soon I heard the first call of the Bearded Tit. It wasn't even 5 min when the birds arrived. Click, click. Nice one.

Here are a few shots:

bird photography in Bulgaria
Bearded Tit © Iordan Hristov
Bearded Tit © Iordan Hristov
Bearded Tit © Iordan Hristov
Bearded Tit © Iordan Hristov
Bearded Tit © Iordan Hristov
While sitting in the hide I recorded a couple of Marsh Harriers, Great White Egret, Water Rails, a family of Penduline tit and at least 6 Bearded Tits.

The fatigue from the previous days overtook and I felt like going to get some sleep. That would be enough for today.

Stay tuned for the coming recap of the tailored birdwatching trip last week.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар