неделя, 28 септември 2014 г.

Seascapes in Bulgaria

In the last couple of weeks I have been reading and watching videos quite a bit about seascape photography. I have been looking at images with filters and thinking about possible areas where I could take some pictures. It is been quite inspiring.

So I had this chance to travel to the Southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast which is rather rocky. Many people take pictures there so it would be idea to experiment some new techniques that i have been reading about. And there I was. I traveled to Tsarevo, a town on the Southern Black sea coast for a long weekend presenting me with some great opportunities: rocks, Lighthouse, and the Sea.

One of the evening we drove to a town called Ahtopol hoping to photograph the lighthouse there. There wasn't a proper sunset because it was cloudy and the light was fading when we got there but good enough for long shutter speed without using filters.

Seascapes in Bulgaria
Iordan Hristov © 2014
Seascapes photography
Iordan Hristov © 2014
On the next day I went to a very well known rock formation called "the Ships". It was cloudy again but luckily the Sun showed just enough to light up the clouds with its first soft light. It was magical.

Lanscape photography in Bulgaria
Iordan Hristov © 2014

In the dark I was making my way around the rocks. At certain point I wanted to take my shoes to get into the sea and get a better view point. It was worth it...

Lanscape photography in Bulgaria
Iordan Hristov © 2014
Later on when the light came in it was a bit more difficult for the long shutter speeds but I was willing to try a new technique for overlaying a number of images and producing the effect sought after. Here is the result:
Landscape photography in Bulgaria
Iordan Hristov © 2014
Landscape photography
Iordan Hristov © 2014

Sun was poking through the clouds now and then giving some magical atmosphere and drama in the sky.
Iordan Hristov © 2014
Iordan Hristov © 2014

With the acceding day the light became stronger and the opportunities reduced. However I still wanted to make a few attempts and experiment with compositions.


Iordan Hristov © 2014
Seascape photography in Bulgaria
Iordan Hristov © 2014


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар